flex-users mailing list archives

From Irnbru <irnbru...@live.com>
Subject How do I to access data from objects created with addElement ?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:48:40 GMT
So I have a very simple cutome component with two textInputs

I create these as needed dynamically using

siFormItem         = new FormItem(); // Add formItem
siFormAttrbt        = new lpSiComp(); // Custom Component
siFormItem.addElement(siFormAttrbt); // Add Custom component to formItem
siForm.addElement(siFormItem); // Add FormItem To form

Greate this works but now how do I get to the textinput data within the
CustomComponents

I get as far as

for (var i:int = 0; i < siForm.numElements; i++)
{
   var stringName:String = siForm.getElementAt(i) + "";
   var currentElement:IVisualElement = siForm.getElementAt(i);

   trace(currentElement);

   if (currentElement as FormItem)
   {
	trace ('Is a formItem');