flex-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Konovalov <oleg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing '<' '>' characters in Web Service
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 03:33:03 GMT
it works fine on my local Tomcat6/FB4.5,

but deployed to a remote server (Tomcat6/Apache), it fails with:

RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request"

faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError"

bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2

text="Error #2032: Stream Error.

We are using GET to send data. Does it matter?

Full URL gives me error 403 forbidden if I have '>' or escaped string in
it. Why?

I tried to escape() data on Insert/Update and unescape() on Select,

it converted  “A>B” into "A%253EB", worked fine on localhost,

but it still failed on the server.

Should I use encodeURI() ?

Or need to do some configuration tweak on remote Tomcat6?

I will try that REST plugin client (if company has it inside, we are
prohibited from installing 3rd party software.

Please help!

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:10 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosmallm@gmail.com>
wrote:

> You need to first figure out if the problem is in the client or in the
> webservice.
>
> Use the 'REST Client' Firefox/Chrome add-on to see if you can pass the data
> to the server without errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Om
> On Jun 27, 2014 8:19 PM, "Oleg Konovalov" <olegkon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That would be very difficult: that Web Service protocol is proprietary,
> > and overall I have >100K lines of code (95% is Flex & configuration)
> >
> > Any theories why that problem might happen?
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:56 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <
> > bigosmallm@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps you can come up with a simple example that we can take a look
> at?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Om

> that