flex-users mailing list archives

From Kessler CTR Mark J <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: Changing sort type
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:04:13 GMT
Well on each column there are a few properties to help sorting.  I would recommend looking
into the sortCompareType[1][2].  It allows you to force which type of sorting is used for
a column.

e.g.
column.sortCompareType = SortFieldCompareTypes.NUMERIC;

[1] https://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/components/gridClasses/GridColumn.html#sortCompareType
[2] https://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/collections/SortFieldCompareTypes.html

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Konovalov [mailto:olegkon@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:37 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Changing sort type

Hi,

We have a Flex4 DataGrid, which is totally dynamic, so I don't know in
advance number of columns or their types.
It is sorted on the first column, which we know is numeric: 1,2,3,4,...

But users might want to sort
on other columns, happens often,
and some numeric columns contain negative numbers.
So how can I set sort type dynamically, when I find out column data type,
after user click to sort it.

TIA,
Oleg.