flex-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Konovalov <oleg...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing '<' '>' characters in Web Service
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 03:19:42 GMT
Hi,

I am using proprietary Web Service (including REST-SOAP Bridge)
between Flex GUI and Java backend (to call database via Stored Procedures).

>From time to time we need to pass data containing '>' or '<'
(for example, customer puts some formula into LongDescription of some data).
If I try to do it on localhost (running on Tomcat6 in FlashBuilder 4.5), it
works fine,
I can store and retrieve that data.

However, if I try to do it on the server (Apache Web Server and Tomcat6),
I am getting errors like  I/O Stream error.

Is there a way to encode that data (or escape it),
so we can pass < and > ?

Please help!

--
Thank you in advance,