flex-users mailing list archives

From Javier Guerrero GarcĂ­a <javi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: list of images: poor performances
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 08:44:15 GMT
Also adjust the opaqueBackground, don't set the image sources inmediately
but after a short timeout (so if you scroll down fast skipping lets say 50
images you DON'T load 50 images before loading the 51st), and use a
contentCache loader with queueing (
http://corlan.org/2011/08/16/flex-mobile-development-caching-images-using-contentcache/
)

P.S. you can use the ContentCache straight from MXML, not like the sources
in the link. Just declare it, set an ID and the rest of the parameters, and
set contentCache="{id}" in your itemRenderer.