flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: ActionScript AST
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:58:31 GMT
Hopefully Gordon will reply as he knows this code better.  I haven't had to do much AST surgery.

I do want to point out that in the FalconJX project, the AST code generation is done differently.
 There is no ABC output for FalconJX but it would be interesting to have one in order to compare
performance against the BURM the regular Falcon project uses.  Output hacking might be easier
in FalconJX.

-Alex
From: Mariana Gheorghe [mariana.gheorghe@crispico.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 7:35 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: ActionScript AST

Thank you both for the suggestion, we've started using Falcon, and
indeed, it seems that the AST is much easier to use, and the code is
well documented.

So far, we have obtained the AST for an AS file, and now we are looking
for a way to do rewriting. We want to be able to make modifications to
the AST (e.g. change the return type of a function, add a parameter),
and then generate the AS code to show these modifications (i.e. with the
new return type or parameter etc). Is there any functionality already
implemented in Falcon that would help us achieve this? E.g. listening to
AST changes, generating AS code from an AST node.

Any hints would be appreciated!

Mariana

On 27.06.2014 22:44, Gordon Smith wrote:
> I agree that you should investigate using Falcon. think you'll find that the classes
making up Falcon's AST are reasonably intuitive and have good Javadoc documentation.

> If you get Falcon compiling in Eclipse and run a compile in Debug mode, you'll see an
indented tree-like representation of the AST whenever you inspect an AST node instance.