flex-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Holman <tre...@cqproducts.com>
Subject Re: Work flow
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:04:42 GMT
Would you know if those fxg files are coming from the newer Adobe CC programs? I believe there
was a script in Illustrator that would allow you to export those files to fxg but I don’t
see it now. I think what I’m getting at, let’s say I reload my older Adobe Creative Suite
programs to create fxg files or even components and bring them over to the new flex, will
I run into compatibility issues, or maybe I can fix any issues in the code after the fact?

And that made me wonder if I just need to rethink how I create those assets and incorporate
them into development. I really like Flex and AIR, I can imagine a lot being done with these
tools (bringing them to fruition is another matter), but I’m having trouble determining
how to use these most efficiently based on my background.

On Jun 17, 2014, at 12:47 PM, Scott Matheson <smatheson@intralinks.com> wrote:

> I get fxg files from my designer and convert them using a tool on the web
>
> Then hand code them in to skins
>
> Saying that vectors seem to use more memory and I am not sure you can user vectors on
an iPad so I may have to move back to JPEG for tables

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 17 Jun 2014, at 18:23, "Trevor Holman" <trevor@cqproducts.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, that does help. Would a person still be able to make components in Catalyst
still? Or is something like Flash Pro an option for that?