flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Import from Excel to DataGrid
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2014 21:37:02 GMT
>We are using AS3XLS to Export DataGrid to Excel (works fine except 256 character limitation,
which is bad, but not critical. BTW, any idea how to fix it?)

I have also used AS3XLS in the past, and got into that 256 limit (but it's not the only one).
 It's a limit of the old Excel 2.0 (BIFF8) format used, and there is no way to overcome it.

So I did like many others:  I wrote my own Excel 2007 xlsx export.  It's rather well documented
and not too difficult to code, if you don't support all Excel capabilities.
You will also need a zip library ( I used deng FZIP).

Regarding the import from Excel, you may have a look at Clipboard.getData() ?

Regards,

Maurice

We are using AS3XLS to Export DataGrid to Excel (works fine except 256 character limitation,
which is bad, but not critical. BTW, any idea how to fix it?)

Now I am trying to do the opposite:
import Excel data into Flex4 datagrid.
Just copy-paste via clipboard is fine,
don't want to deal with XSL/XSLX problems. Read a bunch of posts people doing it IN Flex3
via PHP, which I never work with.
Any better Flex4 solutions?
Is AS3XLS any help?

TIA,