flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Bindable functions
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:03:05 GMT
And as soon as you have a bindable function, you need to dispatch the event yourself. While
Flex will generate events as soon as a bindable property has changed, this will not happen
on a bindable function. I can't see that you are dispatching an event, so the listeners will
never be informed about the function call.

Chris
Von: Mihai Chira <mihai.chira@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2014 11:00
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Bindable functions

In your example I didn't understand why the "last" getter wasn't used,
nor why it had to be Bindable.

In any case, it might help to know that a normal function (i.e. not a
getter or a setter) can be "bindable" in the sense that if the mxml
declaration includes it in curly braces, it will get called whenever
any of its bindable parameters change:

[Bindable]
private var startDate:Date;

private function formatDate(date:Date):String
{
    return date.toString(); //do something
}

<s:Label text="Start date: {formatDate(startDate)}"/>

In the example above, "formatDate" will get called whenever
"startDate" changes. If "formatDate" didn't have any parameters, it
would only get called once, when the label is created.