flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Chart performance problem with 4.12.1
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 16:33:34 GMT
Well, this is one of the scenarios where Scout has some limitations.  I
wish it showed call counts but it doesn't.

Scout appears to be saying that the same methods (doPhasedInstantiation,
etc) are taking much longer in 4.12.1.  What we don't know is if the same
number of calls are doing more work, or there are more calls to these
methods.  The Flash Builder profiler should show you that.  Or you can try
setting breakpoints and seeing how often doPhasedInstantiation gets called
during BarChart rendering.

It is a bit puzzling that no other methods popped to the top of the list.
I would have expected that if 4.12.1 was doing some other work it didn't
need to.

-Alex