flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Installing SDK on CI enviroments
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 04:39:09 GMT
4.12 introduced installer.xml.  There are flags to shut-off the prompts.
However, it might be better if you set up your CI a bit differently.  The
purpose of the installer.xml and other scripts are to build up the Apache
Flex code into an IDE compatible SDK.  In theory, a CI server doesn't need
an IDE compatible SDK, it just needs to compile.

For licensing reasons, Apache Flex SDKs can be used outside of IDEs as
specified in the README.  You can grab the binary artifact, pre-install
the non-Apache stuff, point to it with environment variables, and you are
all set.  If you need the optional downloads (BlazeDS demoting support and
embedded font support) you can just download the required jars and place
them as needed.

Yes, it is a bit more work, but then you are no longer defeating our
attempt at making sure you understand the licensing implications.

-Alex