flex-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Konovalov <oleg...@gmail.com>
Subject Forced view init in ViewStack
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 16:29:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a ViewStack with a bunch of NavigationContent's, each of them having
a View, which contains at least one DataGrid or ADG.

Trying to implement a transition from one view to another programmatically,
so user selects a row in one DataGrid, and via right-mouse-click gets a
views selection,
which display related data (in another view).

It works overall in most cases,
but often I get into situation when that other view is not yet initialized,
it is still NULL, so user can't call any method related to that view, like
get a data from related service to populate that DataGrid.

Suppose I clicked on row in view1, and now trying to show related data in
view2.

1) Is there way to force creation/initialization of that view?
( I assume, doing   view2 = new MyView(params) is too low level
can't do view2.initialize() either since view2=null. )

2) Also even though the second view is displayed (doing
vs.selectedIndex=2),
in the menu on top of that page it still shows previous view selected.
How do I select correct menu item after displaying item2?

--
Thank you in advance,
Oleg.

Using Flex 4.5.1.