flex-users mailing list archives

From shaker <shake...@yahoo.com>
Subject SetStyle Did Not Produce Any Errors Even Though the Class Does Not Support It
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 20:58:15 GMT
I have a class that I will call TestClass here that has a variable of the
ILog Calendar class. As we know, we can do the following wit masterCal where
masterCal is of type Calendar:

   masterCal.setStyle( "showSheetScrollBar", true );

By mistake, I had masterCal typed as TestClass. I am surprised that I did
not get either a compile time or a run time error for the above statement.
The expected behavior did not occur, of course.

Any suggestions?

[PS: I had subscribed only to the digest and could not post with this
subscription and had to subscribe to all the posts. Is this the expected
behavior of the mailing list? Thanks.]