flex-users mailing list archives

From <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: can Flex place focus on browser window already opened with navigateToURL()?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:48:34 GMT
Well maybe you could create javascript function inside your main window running your flex app/wrapper
and use an ExternalInterface to call that instead.  I would start by having the function use
an Alert to show it's being called properly.  Then work up to show it's got the window handle.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: modjklist@comcast.net [mailto:modjklist@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 2:51 PM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: can Flex place focus on browser window already opened with navigateToURL()?

Anyone know the secret combination to place focus on a specific (e.g. 'pdfWindow') browser
window using ExternalInterace.call(...)?

I've tried experimenting with javascript and ExternalInterface, based on Mark and Alex's previous
comments, using combinations of

var callString:String="window.open(null,'pdfWindow').focus()";
//var callString:String="window.location(null,'pdfWindow').focus()";

and

ExternalInterface.call(callString);
//ExternalInterface.call("eval(" + callString + ")");
and so far haven't had any success placing focus on the already opened browser window.