flex-users mailing list archives

From Javier Guerrero García <javi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coding a better flex mobile app
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:24:56 GMT
I'm talking about:

1. NOT using labelitemrenderer, but StyleableTextField directly
2. Setting the opaqueBackground property to anything (btw, it's a uint
color, not a boolean :)
3. Setting the autoDrawBackground to false
4. And yes, in the new custom itemrenderer, set cacheAsBitmap to true

All of that with rendermode=direct, in a ONE plain file, without two
thousand packages and classes and functions and setters and getters, and
avoiding setting CSS styles and rendering htmlText, converting colors to
hex strings, managing LoremIpsums, and so on... EACH time you calculate the
FPS :)

4-5 tags in ONE plain MXML file would be more than enough for such
benchmark :) Max 1-2k's uncompressed :)