flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject <BR> in TextArea
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:50:39 GMT
Hi
   I am trying to build a Paragraph from sentences,

this builds the Paragraph (from am XML file and itemRender)

the build function looks like

var linkWrapper:LinkElement = new LinkElement();

var sentence:SpanElement = new SpanElement();

sentence.styleName = 'linkStyle';

sentence.textDecoration = TextDecoration.NONE;

sentence.text = model.text + " ";

linkWrapper.addChild(sentence);

paragraphArea.addChild(linkWrapper);

Layout

<s:TextArea id="ta" minHeight="0"  width="100%" editable="false"

<s:p id="paragraphArea" paragraphSpaceBefore="0">

</s:p>

</s:TextArea>

I get

sentence1

sentence2

sentence3

my problem is how to i add a <br> in to the Paragraph and end up with

sentence1

sentence2

sentence3

it would be good if the  input text  model.text  could be "sentence1<br>sentence2<br>sentence3"

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.