flex-users mailing list archives

From "Gabriele Campi [Media Logic]" <gabriele.ca...@medialogic.eu>
Subject Re: Coding a better flex mobile app
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 16:32:19 GMT
> Have anyone on this thread EVER had a look at the s:Application object
> attribute*frameRate*?
I did, and my apps are running at 60 but I didn't noticed great
improvements.

I think that performance and fps are only part of the problem.
On low end devices (but also iPad2 or iPad mini) the available memory is
limitated, and excessive ram consumption is a real issue.
Did you test your application performance on a real device? I use
Instruments (an Xcode tool), and  a blank Flex app with retina support
requires at least 60MB RAM (with peaks of 80MB while changing view).