flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: can Flex place focus on browser window already opened with navigateToURL()?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:28:30 GMT
Thanks Mark, that's what I'm doing. The issue is...

// The first time file is downloaded...
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.google.com/myPDFFile.pdf#nameddest=Chapter 1"), "mywindowname");
// window opens and focus automatically goes to "mywindowname" window
// then sometime in the future...
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.google.com/myPDFFile.pdf#nameddest=Chapter 2"), "mywindowname");
// When user clicks this, PDF advances to Chapter 2, but focus stays in web app (with no indication
given to user that anything happened). User must understand he/she needs to look back at the
"mywindowname" window.

How to programmatically give focus to "mywindowname" window here?

----- Original Message -----

From: "mark kessler ctr" <mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil>
To: users@flex.apache.org
Sent: Monday, April 7, 2014 4:25:09 AM
Subject: RE: can Flex place focus on browser window already opened with navigateToURL()?

Yes if you open a new window/tab and pass it a name instead of say "_blank", you can call
that window again by its name. I use that technique for changing the navigation(deep-linking)
in other web applications that are open. [1], Also I believe if you have a PDF exposed to
the web browser you can use hash (#) type navigation to change it to bookmarks or pages in
the PDF.

navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.google.com", "mywindowname");

-Mark

[1] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/package.html#navigateToURL()