flex-users mailing list archives

From Poonam Anand <Poonam.An...@guavus.com>
Subject Re: Flex mojos 6.0.1 and Flex SDK 4.10 - Failure to find com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.10.0.20130801 in artifactory even when it exist
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 09:58:56 GMT
Ok I  could find cause of this issue but not sure about correct way of doing
this.

//Settings.xml

<repositories>
                <repository>
                          <snapshots>
                            <enabled>false</enabled>
                          </snapshots>
                          <id>central</id>
                          <name>libs-release</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/libs-release</url>
                        </repository>
                        <repository>
                          <snapshots />
                          <id>snapshots</id>
                          <name>libs-snapshot</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/libs-snapshot</url>
                        </repository>
            </repositories>
           <pluginRepositories>

                <pluginRepository>
                          <snapshots>
                            <enabled>false</enabled>
                          </snapshots>
                          <id>central</id>
                          <name>plugins-release</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/plugins-release</url>
                        </pluginRepository>
                        <pluginRepository>
                          <snapshots />
                          <id>snapshots</id>
                          <name>plugins-snapshot</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/plugins-snapshot</url>
                </pluginRepository>
            </pluginRepositories>

We have repositories and pluginRepositories defined as above. libs-release
has all flex sdk artifacts and plugins-release has compiler artifacts. If I
change pluginRepositories url to repositories url, it builds in 1 go.

Reason for that is with above settings.xml, when it tries to resolve
compiler dependency defined in mojos plugin, it resolves all compiler
dependencies successfully as all those present in pluginRepositories. Issue
is with pom dependency defined in compiler which is as below:

    <groupId>com.adobe.flex</groupId>
    <artifactId>framework</artifactId>
    <version>4.10.0.20130801</version>

Now this framework pom has further dependencies which are different flex sdk
artifacts like advancedgrids, e.t.c. To resolve these, it tries to look in
libs-release i.e repositories url which is correct and fails to find though
they are present and could resolve in second fire.

I cann't modify settings.xml or give different profiles as that is standard
configuration across organization on different build machines and as per
Maven 3 also, we should segregate repositories and pluginRepositories.
Why does maven gets confused in this case? I can consider modifying pom to
include repositories and pluginRepositories with same url - libs-release
which has all sdk artifacts as well as compiler artifacts. But I tried doing
this, it seems to ignore these configs which are defined in pom and still
refers settings.xml ones.

Another solution is to comment this framework dependency in compiler pom and
deploy on our artifactory. I am not sure why this pom is included as
compiler dependency, are any compiler libraries using this? In case of our
project pom, I have this framework dependency included as project
dependency. So will commenting this won't lead to any side-effects since
this anyways looks redundant since we have this in project pom.