flex-users mailing list archives

From sam991 <samarth.gu...@firmwisegroup.com>
Subject Re: Not able to play video in my iPad
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 10:24:58 GMT
videoDisplay.as
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n6021/videoDisplay.as>

Hi, i have done a line by line debugging for both android tab and for iPad.

I am attaching a videoDisplay.as file with this reply. This file is
responsible for playing videos for in-built videoPlayer in flex.
At few line number's i have marked break points.

Following are the line numbers:
to check the values of bytesTotal, currentTime, and duration

Values after debugging on android tab:
1st complete cycle: bytesTotal = 0, currentTime = 0, duration = 0
2nd complete cycle: bytesTotal = 0, currentTime = 0, duration = 0
3rd complete cycle: bytesTotal = 31611901, currentTime = 0, duration = 0

Then, after 4-5 complete cycle values are bytesTotal = 31611901, currentTime
= 0, duration = 0
Then, at 6th complete cycle: bytesTotal = 31611901, currentTime = 1.402,
duration = 433.17333333333335
And, from here onwards currentTime keeps on increasing till the video
buffering is finished.

And, the video begins to display in my callout of the application.

Now, after debugging my application for iPad, i found these values:

1st complete cycle: bytesTotal = 0, currentTime = 0, duration = 0
2nd complete cycle: bytesTotal = 0, currentTime = 0, duration = 0
3rd complete cycle: bytesTotal = 31611901, currentTime = 0, duration = 0

Then, after 4-5 complete cycle values are bytesTotal = 31611901, currentTime
= 0, duration = 0
Then, at 6th complete cycle: bytesTotal = 31611901, currentTime = Nan,
duration = NaN

Values of currentTime and duration don't change from here onwards. And
debugging stops after 11th or 12th complete cycle, leaving a blank
videoPlayer display in callout.

Now, what can i do to get the currentTime and duration of my mp4 file, which
allows my video to play in iPad