flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject enterprise desktop web app: should it download or email a file to user?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:46:04 GMT
My enterprise Flex desktop web app (yet to be released) has a feature allowing users to download
a user guide for the application.

Since this file gets stored on a user's hard drive (rather than cache memory), I wonder if
anyone ever ran into problems with an enterprise not allowing their employees to download
a file from the internet to their hard drive (for example, the IT department blocks this kind
of functionality)?

If so, I could change the web app to attaching the file in an e-mail and sending it to them
instead.

Wondering if anyone has an opinion one way or the other which way to go here.