flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex App swf initialization failure when working as an Android worker!!!!
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:05:53 GMT

On 3/13/14 9:54 AM, "Gary Yang" <flashflexpro@gmail.com> wrote:

>Alex,
>
>I am doing both, it is working perfect inside Flash Player!!
>
>Please make sure it can be used for mobile too!
I'm willing to discuss further, but I really can't see a good reason to
try to alter spark.components.Application or mx.core.Application to make
it usable as a base for a Worker.  These things are meant to be UI
containers and AFAIK, Workers cannot do UI.

I did spend a few minutes testing SimpleApplication and [RemoteClass] and
I think I got it to work.  I will update the FLEX-34137 bug with more
details.

>I do have some ideas on current Flex architecture:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34138
>
>I'd like to share and explain more, if you are interested.
Apache Flex is mostly volunteer driven.  You are welcome to share your
ideas.  Right now, I personally can't imagine us refactoring the SDK, but
if you can get folks motivated or want to do it yourself, you are welcome
to do so.  And your thoughts on packaging might influence how we release
FlexJS going forward.

Thanks,
-Alex