flex-users mailing list archives

From Alain Ekambi <jazzmatad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ahhh Adobe...
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:45:26 GMT
@Cadu

There is this illusion that HTML/CSS/JS is "easy" to do.
But as requirements change, the codebase grows and the team becomes bigger
then you start seeing the pain of pure JS development.

I m mainting a 5 years old web application.
I wish HTML/CSS/JS was easy to do.

Things like "I want to find where this method is getting called" becomes
almost impossible to do.
I mean there is a reason why  the best companies when it comes to web based
development (Google, Microsoft,etc,,)
are cross compiling to JS (GWT, DART, TypeScript, Sharkpit) or have some
tools of top of it(Closure Compiler)

The problem is that at most company people making decisions have never
wrote a single line of code.

Atleast Adobe should have supported both platforms and give people the
choice.
They have the money for that.

Back in the days  I  was so exited to follow Adobe Evangelists(Blog,
Twitter, etc)
Always something to learn.
You could feel  the excitement about what they do.

Today they post picutures of Cooking, Football , stuff like that.

Dont get me wrong.
It s their free time.
They can do whatever they want.

But it s sad.