flex-users mailing list archives

From Ronny Shibley <rshib...@codefish.com>
Subject Spark Datagrid with Multiple Columns
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:54:57 GMT
Hello Flex User,

I have a spark DataGrid with 100+ columns with 100+ Rows.

My Item Renderers are as lean as they can get but i still have small
hiccups while scrolling vertically and horizontally. I have also used all
the obvious performance improvements: variableRowHeight="false",
opaqueBackground, etc...

Basically I have come to the following conclusion:

I don't want to recycle my ItemRenders I would rather wait couple of
seconds.

My Question is the following:

1- Is there a special way to Draw the whole Grid with all the ItemRenderers
at once, Basically useVirtualLayout=false ?

2- Would it be more performant to use a s:List instead as i don't need the
functionalities of a Grid ?

Kind Regards,

Ronny Shibley, Eng

Software Architect | Codefish | www.codefish.com