flex-users mailing list archives

From Arne Broedel <arne.broe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: visual editor still missing ?
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:23:59 GMT
I personally stopped working with it long time before adobe abandoned it. I
think if you do a lot of layouting in code you see the picture in your
mind. I was much slower with the wysiwyg then with plain mxml. I think that
was the case for many others too.
But other designers I know really do miss it and definitely the wysiwyg was
a great starting point for beginners.
IntelliJ has one, but I think its not up to date, probably not working with
4.12 (but I'm not sure).
Some developers said that it is hard work to keep it in sync with new
releases of the sdk.
What I would love to see is something simpler than in Flash Builder 4.6
just for wireframing the layout with placeholders not really for designing
the application.