flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to mxml restrict with binding AS3 variable?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:05:15 GMT

a-zA-Z\&\"'~!@#$%*()\\-_+=[]|;:<>.?,\\^{}";

> which uses ONE backslash to escape the ampersand and double-quote
characters, but TWO backslashes to escape the minus sign (e.g. \\-) and the
caret (e.g. \\^). However, I can't seem to figure how to escape the
backslash character (I tried \\ and \\\ and neither worked).

> Is this making sense to anyone? Any idea how to escape backslash?

I blogged about this a while ago:
http://www.bigosmallm.com/2008/03/how-to-restrict-backslash-character.html?m=1

See if that helps?

Thanks,
Om

anything. There must be some difference or interaction between escape
characters written in AS3 working in mxml. I need a programmatic solution,
as there are so many places I can't manually write mxml code for each
restrict. Any ideas? [Alex: not sure what you meant by "trace out the
restrict property..." -- I'm testing by manually entering the characters in
the text input field and seeing which ones work and which ones don't.]