flex-users mailing list archives

From Pete Thomas <Pete.Tho...@dunnhumby.com>
Subject RE: Garbage collection of modules
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:29:16 GMT
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/tag/modules-memory-leaks

-----Original Message-----
From: Bchalupka@t-online.de [mailto:Bchalupka@t-online.de]
Sent: 17 March 2014 08:16
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Garbage collection of modules

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get my modules garbage collected after unloading but I can't get it
to work.
During the search for a fix I noticed that the styleManager of the module is the same as the
one of the main application. I read that Flex 4 should have a style manager per module.
Is that a bug or was it never implemented that way?

Is there a better way to unload modules completely? I removed the declared styles manually,
removed the resource bundles, removed all event listeners set by me, removed all elements
from the UI and set all references to null and it still doesn't get gc'd (I added the gc hack
to verify the gc is run and loaded and unloaded the module several times). I don't have any
remote classes.
The problem is that the module has much code and using the profiler or scout seems not be
an option, because in debug mode it's even more unlikely that modules get gc'd.

Is there someone that experienced a similar problem and has some information to help me?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

dunnhumby limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number
02388853 and VAT registered number 927 5871 83.
Our registered office is at Aurora House, 71-75 Uxbridge Road, London W5 5SL.
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately
and advise the sender.
dunnhumby may monitor and record all emails. The views expressed in this email are those of
the sender and not those of dunnhumby.