flex-users mailing list archives

From f...@dfguy.us
Subject Re: Ahhh Adobe...
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:28:26 GMT
It seems to me that they got strong armed into it. I think though that if they were smart they'd
continue to support both platforms especially given the differences. For those who have used
both I think is where the opinions on better originate from. I've always preferred the way
graphics and other things are handled within the tailored runtime as opposed to the use of
a browser and a wrapper. Also HTML has been harassed into the "only" presentation layer for
years now when it has a lot of flaws beyond just printing out data etc.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Alain Ekambi <jazzmatadazz@gmail.com>
To: "users@flex.apache.org" <users@flex.apache.org>, jeffry@dot-com-it.com
Sent: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: Ahhh Adobe...

@Jeffry

Just thinking ...

I m Adobe CEO

On one hand I have this awesome  runtime I bough from Macromedia. Great
 tooling. Great community. Great results over the years. Trully cross
plarform. Performs  wells.

On the other hand I have this  CSS/HTML/JS based  bridge  I bought from
Notobi. Performs like crap (when using jquery mobile). No tooling.
Community is .. OK. Results are ... OK.

Which one  will I  promote more ? Where will I put more engineering efforts
?

You tell me ....