flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: How can I get clickable text with no marking
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 09:26:08 GMT
If I remembers we made each line a hyper link formatted the links to look like text then added
a handler to manager the click

I am on holiday now but can send an example next week

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 Feb 2014, at 21:00, "Maurice Amsellem" <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:
>
> I am not sure, but I think that RichText HTML does not support advanced html markup such
as textDecoration.

> If you are using s:RichText,  you can try to format the inner LinkElement directly.
> You access the inner flow elements through RichText.textFlow property.
>
> Read the documentation on s:RichText and TLF to see how to do that.
>
> Maurice

tried using <s:a>, but that makes the word stand out: a different color and underlined.
 I want the player to have to read the text and figure out which is the "magic word".  I've
set the color to white (like all the other text in the frame) and set textDecoration to None,
but it's still showing up in blue and underlined.

> <s:a href="GHen.swf" id="linkMainMenu" fontSize="14"
>     textDecoration="{TextDecoration.NONE}"
>     color="0xffffff" click="gotoMainMenu()">magicword</s:a>
>
> Is there a way to do this -- to make one word in a bunch of text clickable but not marked
in any visible way?  Or should I format the page with HTML and convert it to an image, then
overlay a button with 1% alpha in the position of the word? Or something else?

> (*) I'm using a s:RichText control to format my text, but I'm willing to use something
different if RichText can't do it.

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.