flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: No Prompt in TextInput when layoutDirection set to RTL (Mobile)
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:22:40 GMT
Hi Ori,

To conclude this loooong RTL journey,  I didn't succeed in displaying RTL text using the mobile-optimized
StyleableTextField.

The idea was to fix all default mobile skins (based on StyleableTextField and ScrollableStageText)
to display correctly when using RTL text (Arabic/Hebrew) and layoutDirection set to RTL.
So I changed StyleableTextField to correct it's matrix and textAlign.

I tested it on ADL with default skins and it worked fine!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee61mpazlgyloof/ADL_RTL_OK.png

However, the same application run on the device (Android or iOS) the letter order is not inverted
as it should be.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfme0g60xxkne87/android_rtl_ko.png

I have no explanation yet why the result differs on ADL and device (difference in the AIR
rutime implementation maybe ?)

So I drop it for now.

Regarding your last issue on the TextInput prompt text, the solution is easy:  you need to
create a custom skin of TextInput that uses spark Label for the prompt display.
I did it for you and attached the custom skin to the JIRA ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34181

Regards,

Maurice