flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Require to understand .. Rpc calls via amf
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:56:22 GMT
You can also have a look at the source code of eg. BlazeDS.

What makes the rpc call hit java:  I think this is explained in the docs mentioned above,

I will explain for BlazeDS:

Basically, there is a servlet running in your web app (the java "back-end") called " MessageBrokerServlet"
in the web.xml file.

The servlet url path is by default  :   .../YourApp/messagebroker/...

So basically, Flex sends a POST message with the call parameters (destination id, method name
and parameters) , which will be processed by the servlet.

The servlet analyses the content of the POST, and based on its own configuration (destination,
endPoints, etc..) will call the appropriate java method.

The servlet then writes the result of the call in the ServletRequest output stream.

So this is only standard JEE mechanisms.

Is this the explanation you wanted?

Maurice