flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: 4.12 Application Screen Size Issues
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:11:00 GMT
There were many changes in mobile.   You need to check runtimeDPI vs applicationDPI,  and if
some stage scaling is occurring (which means your application will be globally scaled up or
down).

Other than that, there was a change on 4.11 (iPads received 120 DPI instead of 160) but it
was fixed in 4.12. So 4.12 should be equal to 4.10.

Besides of your issue, I am interested in knowing how you managed to run an app that was designed
for mobile, of desktop.
Did you customize the css (for example scrollbars) and are you just "forcing" the mobile theme
on desktop?
What other changes?

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : leejk [mailto:leejk421@yahoo.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 12 mars 2014 14:53
À : users@flex.apache.org
Objet : 4.12 Application Screen Size Issues

Hello,

I switched from 4.10 to 4.12 and I am running into issues with the application size. My project
is designed to run on both mobile devices and Desktop computers. It's a TabbedNavigatorApplication.
It works fine on mobile devices, but when ran on a Desktop, the main application does not
expand to fill the stage window. I removed the applicationDPI="160" setting from the TabbedNavigatorApplication
and that fixed it, but now previous font sizes that were fine are too small and it looks like
the skins on the TabbedNavigatorApplication tabs are too small... there's a visible line passing
horizontally thru their centers.

The need here is for the application to look the same in both mobile and Desktop environments,
as it did with 4.10. So where do I need to start looking to fix the unwanted behavior on the
desktop?

thx