flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Advice Needed With StageWebView & Transitions
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:27:13 GMT
>The problem is transitioning from a Flex View to another View that displays the StageWebView
object using the Slide Transition. It doesn't work that well.
>So what I'm trying to accomplish is to replace the StageWebView object on the transitioning
to View with a bitmap BEFORE the transition starts,
>so that the transition captures the bitmap and tweens that in the transition.
I agree, this is the way to go.

>it's just during the transition it's not working
I don't get you.  If the bitmap has been captured BEFORE the transition, why would you need
to capture the bitmap DURING the transition.

Maybe this is what is happening:
The transitions on mobile views will usually wait until the destination view is complete,
before doing the transition, so that the transition is smooth.
In your case, the destination view (with the view) should capture the webview bitmap during
the construction and before the transition.
But since it's not visible yet, captureBitmap may not work.

I know that captureBitmap works for StageText even when the ST is not visible/ not on stage,
but that maybe not true for StageWebView.

Can you check the scenario above ?

I will do it on my side as well when I have some spare time ...

Maurice