flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Advice Needed With StageWebView & Transitions
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:48:29 GMT
Regarding StageText on mobile:
It's not used directly in eg. TextInput but wrapped inside a StyleableStageText / ScrollableStageText
that takes care of:
- positioning / resizing the stage text
- applying text styles
- automatically replacing the StageText with a bitmap proxy (using drawViewPortToBitmap())
when it needs to be transitioned or scrolled and back when edited.

In the source code of the component pointed by Om (http://www.judahfrangipane.com/blog/2011/01/16/stagewebview-uicomponent/),
The methods takeSnapshot() and removeSnaphshot of class WebView.as do exactly this:
https://github.com/monkeypunch3/flexcapacitor/blob/master/MainMobileLibrary/src/com/flexcapacitor/controls/WebView.as

I didn't try them by myself, but looking at the source code, I am pretty sure it does what
you want.

Can you try ?

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jonathan Campos [mailto:jonbcampos@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 11 mars 2014 19:30
À : users
Objet : Re: Advice Needed With StageWebView & Transitions

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Lee Burrows
<subscriptions@leeburrows.com>wrote:

> Docs state, "The StageWebView class is NOT a display object and cannot
> be added to the Flash display list"

I agree with Lee. You can't get a screenshot of this because it lives "above" the normal display
list. Same thing with StageText. Go ahead and try it out, you'll see that you can't get a
screengrab with the text showing. You can move the entire StageWebView though. Usually I just
remove it from the view prior to transitioning.

Jonathan Campos