flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: how to mxml restrict with binding AS3 variable?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:11:58 GMT
Are u using spark or mx TextInput ?  is it on mobile or web/desktop?

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : modjklist@comcast.net [mailto:modjklist@comcast.net]
Envoyé : jeudi 6 mars 2014 16:42
À : apache flex users
Objet : how to mxml restrict with binding AS3 variable?

Everytime I try to modify my restrict characters I run into problems, so I don't think I'm
understanding it well. My understanding was that I need to use a \ character before another
character to escape it in AS3. However, since I'm using an AS3 variable in a bind expression
for mxml, perhaps this changes the way I need to escape characters. Here's my current code:

My mxml code has:

    restrict=" { AppController.RESTRICT_CHARS } "

and the AppController singleton has:

    public static const RESTRICT_CHARS:String= "\&\"0-9 a-zA-Z'~!@#$%*()\\-_+=[]\\|;:<>./?{}^,"
;

This code has a problem when I run it where I cannot enter a comma character. Also, I found
my trial an error that I needed two \\ to escape the minus sign (not sure why... do I need
two \\ when I escape other characters?). Also, I found that I needed to place the \& at
the start of the string (if in the middle it has no effect). I must be doing something wrong.
Any help much appreciated.