flex-users mailing list archives

From leejk <leejk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem With unscaledHeight
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:41:13 GMT
Thank you, that verifies what I'm seeing... is that documented somewhere? I
must have missed it if so. I was going under the assumption based on
something I read that the parent always tells the children what space they
have to work with... which is not always true as you pointed out. In my case
my custom component was assigned a width & height of 100% in the main MXML,
with the intention that it's scroller component would size itself
automatically to fill the available space in the parent's layout. Within the
custom component the unscaledHeight property kept growing, reflecting the
total height of the component based on the children being dynamically added.
To solve my problem, I set it's clipAndEnableScrolling property to true, and
that prevented the unscaledHeight property from changing. Then I was able to
set the height of the scroller component correctly.