flex-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Line" <markl...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Android tablet performance recommendations
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:14:12 GMT
Hhhhmmmm that forum is weird about the nexus 10. I've not had any performance problems with
a pure AS3, Flex or a starling project.

The Flex and as3 project just have rendermode = auto while the starling project has it set
to direct.

I think I've only started testing since air 3.7 or 3.8 so maybe they fixed the issues. The
tablet was on android 4.3 but it's on 4.4 now.

The AS3 and Flex projects are compiled using the Flex compiler while the starling project
is compiled using ASC2.0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Taylor [mailto:ross.taylor78@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 March 2014 15:00
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Android tablet performance recommendations

Thanks for the info Mark. I think we need something bigger than a 7" tablet for this project,
but it is interesting to note you've got good results on the Hudl.

I did read here <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5078056> about the Nexus
10 having issues with Adobe Air but good to hear that you've had some success with a Nexus.
Sounds like the problems were overcome in Air 3.6.
Hopefully it gives an indication that Adobe may tackle the problem with Intel processors.