flex-users mailing list archives

From Javier Guerrero García <javi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accent insensitive search
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 18:11:17 GMT
Obvious answer here: make a cleanup function (some replaces with case
insensitive regexps), and compare cleanup(string1) == cleanup(string2).
Something like (pseudocode):

function cleanup(input:string):string
{
var result:string=input;
replace [áàäãâ] in result with a (case insensitive, /gi in regexp);
replace [éèëê] in result with e (case insensitive, /gi in regexp);
replace ç in result with c (case insensitive, /gi in regexp);
replace ñ in result with n (case insensitive, /gi in regexp);
return result;
}

Not the most elegant solution, but it works and not too many lines of code
:)