flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flexJS & 3rd party libs
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:52:20 GMT
> Google maps looks like it well no longer accept flash based calls after
September of this year.

> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/flash/

Well it kind of has stopped "working" for some time now--we've had a couple
of apps just stop last year.

ESRI is a bit different in that it appears to be all REST calls no matter
the platform vs Google actually downloading their lib at init. So until
they change the REST bits they could, in theory, go on for some time.

I think its a bit telling that ESRI has both flex & silverlight spatial
data viewers but the current JS one is kind of laughable.