flex-users mailing list archives

From Hemadri Seelamsetty <hemadri.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple way to parse I18N dates?
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 16:49:19 GMT
Chris,

You can also use the static methods of mx.controls.DateField Class.

Below are the signatures of the static methods

DateField.dateToString(value:Date, outputFormat:String):String
DateField.stringToDate(valueString:String, inputFormat:String):Date

Example: var dob:Date = DateField.stringToDate("02/01/2014", "MM/DD/YYYY");

It can contain "M","D","Y", and delimiter and punctuation characters

--
Hemadri <http://hemadri.com>