flex-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Farber <alexander.far...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Air apps easily decompiled and hacked
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:44:48 GMT
I have implemented and deployed an iOS/Android/BB app with OAuth
authentication against Facebook (yes, I could better use ANE there) and
(Russian social networks) Vk.com, Mail.ru, Odnoklassniki (main target of my
app and there are no SDKs or ANEs) -

And there was no way to store the OAuth "app secret" string on the server.
And thus I know that my app is vulnerable (for impersonation of other
users) and the ease of AIR decompilation doesn't help there.

I think you keep insisting, that it's possible to keep the secret part
outside the app, because you haven't really implemented such an app from
beginning to the end.

Regards
Alex