flex-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject why are my Worker in Firefox so slow?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:38:17 GMT
Hi,

Ok, I have a main application and a worker.

The worker is for very CPU intensive work. But I have a lot of "work" to do at the same time.

So I run multiple worker (actually the same Worker-class) at the same time.

In Chrome everything is working fine and the work is done in some seconds.
Chrome starts a "Google Chrome Helper" process for every worker.

But In Firefox, it seems there is only one "Firefox Plugin Process" and when I have 3 or 4
worker
at the same time, the main app slows down.

Any suggestions?

Info: my system Mac OS X 10.9 and the latest Firefox and Flash Player 12

Thanks

Marcus Fritze