flex-users mailing list archives

From Barry Gold <BarryDG...@ca.rr.com>
Subject Re: Including/referencing an external MXML file
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 05:31:35 GMT
On 2/23/2014 9:24 PM, Barry Gold wrote:
> The two questions are:
>
> 1. How do I get the compiler to include this second file
> 2. How do I access the Text control's contents from a class in a
> different package?

A somewhat related question:

My top-level mxml file currently contains mxml for all the layouts used
in the game:
   1. The splash screen at the start
   2. The main menu, which allows the player to start the game, restore
a previously saved game, access the help text, etc.
   3. The help screens
   4. The overall map, which allows you to visit the various parts of
the game (navigating within the individual parts is done via "doors" --
buttons that lead to a different room).
   5. Individual rooms.

This makes for a somewhat long and messy file.  I would like to put each
of those layouts in a separate file and somehow include or reference
that from my top-level application file.  How do I do this?  There was
something in the book (Flash Builder & Flex Bible) about this, but I
didn't understand it well enough to try cookbooking it.