flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject upgraded Mac OSX to Mavericks and application won't run
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:45:09 GMT
Hi experts,

I'm using a nightly build from SDK 4.12 from a month ago, and FB 4.7. I just upgraded my Mac
OSX from 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) to 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

Using the new OSX, when I rebuild the application then run it using Firefox with debug version
of FB (I verified it is debug version by visiting a website showing me what version FP is
running in the browser), the progress panel shows "Launching Main (57%). Waiting to connect
to the running application..." After 2 minutes it times out with a popup that states:

The Flash Builder debugger failed to connect to the running application.
Ensure that:
1. For in-browser applications, you are running the debugger version of Flash Player.
2. For network debugging on a mobile device, you have a reliable network connection to the
device, and port 7935 is open on your machine's firewall.

I've seen this error many times in the past, but I've always been able to recover it by exiting
the application and browser, rebooting the machine, rebuilding, and running again. I've tried
everything I can think of in the new OSX and nothing seems to change this. I verified the
java version is the correct version for OSX 10.9.1, and that Flash Builder's .ini file for
setting java heap size is sufficiently large (it's same settings used by OSX 10.6.8).

A couple of other observations, if it helps...

If I exit my web application, then start it again (still using 10.9.1), while it's trying
to connect (e.g. before it times out), if I double-click the Main.html file in the bin-debug
folder, the app runs fine but it runs inside a tab of Flash Builder 4.7 (as opposed to in
the Firefox browser).

Also, before upgrading to OSX 10.9.1, I bought an external hard drive and made a clone of
the original hard drive when it was OSX 10.6.8. If I boot the computer using this clone, everything
runs fine from OSX 10.6.8. If I boot again using the (updated original) hard drive with OSX
10.9.1, I see the error above.

If I switch to Safari (instead of firefox, and try OSX 10.9.1), the application opens in a
Safari browser window and runs, but as soon as I attempt to do an HTTP POST operation to the
server, I get a fault with the following showing in the debugger:

event : mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent
event.fault : mx.rpc.Fault
event.fault.faultCode="Server.Error.Request"
event.fault.faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false
eventPhase=2, text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: https://www.companyname.com:443/myapp/login"]
.
event.fault.faultString="HTTP request error"

Would really appreciate any help, as I've run out of ideas what to try next. Thanks in advance.