flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: How can I get clickable text with no marking
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:59:57 GMT
I am not sure, but I think that RichText HTML does not support advanced html markup such as
textDecoration.

If you are using s:RichText,  you can try to format the inner LinkElement directly.
You access the inner flow elements through RichText.textFlow property.

Read the documentation on s:RichText and TLF to see how to do that.

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Barry Gold [mailto:BarryDGold@ca.rr.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 28 février 2014 19:58
À : flex mailing list
Objet : How can I get clickable text with no marking

I'm displaying a bunch of text(*), and I want to make one of the words clickable.  I tried
using <s:a>, but that makes the word stand out: a different color and underlined.  I
want the player to have to read the text and figure out which is the "magic word".  I've set
the color to white (like all the other text in the frame) and set textDecoration to None,
but it's still showing up in blue and underlined.

<s:a href="GHen.swf" id="linkMainMenu" fontSize="14"
     textDecoration="{TextDecoration.NONE}"
     color="0xffffff" click="gotoMainMenu()">magicword</s:a>

Is there a way to do this -- to make one word in a bunch of text clickable but not marked
in any visible way?  Or should I format the page with HTML and convert it to an image, then
overlay a button with 1% alpha in the position of the word? Or something else?

(*) I'm using a s:RichText control to format my text, but I'm willing to use something different
if RichText can't do it.