flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Native Extension
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:45:11 GMT
There is also a full example with sources at the following location:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/native-extensions-for-air/extensions/vibration.html

Source is in:  Vibration.zip.

HTH

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Maurice Amsellem [mailto:maurice.amsellem@systar.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 12 février 2014 15:25
À : users@flex.apache.org
Objet : RE: Native Extension

Someone else had the same problem in an earlier thread ("How to avoid native extension execution",
on 11/26/2013), so this is what I answered to him:
___________

Instead of referencing the ANE in the app descriptor, you can package your ANE is a separate
SWC, using ADT,  that has its own deployment descriptor.

In that descriptor, you can say which  file/class is used on which platform, so you can set
it to use a fake class on Desktop.

Example:
adt -package -target ane myextension.ane extension.xml -swc mySwc.swc -platform iPhone-ARM
library.swf libmylib.a -platformoptions myplatformoptions.xml

OR:
adt -package -target ane Output.ane extension.xml -swc VolumeLib.swc -platform iPhone-ARM
-C ios . -platformoptions platformoptions.xml -platform Android-ARM -C android . -platform
default -C default

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/building-ane-ios-android-pt5.html

The sample mobile demo "FlexGame" uses this approach:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/samples/game-of-flex-on-tablets.html

(source is available in the page).

HTH.

Maurice