flex-users mailing list archives

From bgoldnyxnet <BarryDG...@ca.rr.com>
Subject Re: How to link multiple source files when using the command-line compiler?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 05:09:43 GMT
Alex Harui wrote
> MXMLC compiles a single top-level file and then chases down dependencies
> based on the source-path options.  If the top-level file references the
> other two files, then it should "just work".

Okay, that sounds good.  Is there some documentation on how to build & run
flex projects without using Flex Builder? I notice that the instructions in
"Getting Started" suggest using Flex Builder, but that's a fair amount of
money to shell out for a hobby project.  The results from "mxmlc -help"
aren't real informative.

> There are ways to inject files that don't have dependencies from the main
> file but most folks don't use that.

I'd like to know how, just in case the "dependencies" don't automatically
lead to the file that holds the game script.

> I don't know anybody using Make, but there's plenty of examples of using
> Ant.

Ant would be fine. I've edited build.xml for java projects, so given one for
Flex I should be able to modify it for my purposes.
-Alex