flex-users mailing list archives

From bgoldnyxnet <BarryDG...@ca.rr.com>
Subject How to link multiple source files when using the command-line compiler?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:49:43 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how to compile my project using mxmlc in the command
line.

I have my project split into multiple MXML files: one for the top-level,
which lays out the various things I want to appear in the window, and then
others for the various helper classes, the script that controls progress
through the game, etc.

If this were written in C, I would type: gcc *.c and they would all be
compiled and linked together to produce my application.  But when I type
"mxmlc *.mxml", I get:
  Error: only one source is allowed in the filespec

So, if I have to compile each source file separately, how do I combine the
resulting compiled outputs into a single .swf file?

Oh, and btw, does anybody have a sample makefile for compiling a project
that is split into multiple files and directories?