flex-users mailing list archives

From Tintin <1955.mille.mig...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: RE:Can I Bind a SolidColor Fill Value?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:08:20 GMT
OK, I'm back on it.

Can I be clear about my scenario. I have a very simple 'view' item (named
SliderView) which includes a SWFObject and a Spark HSlider beneath it. I
want the button on my HSlider to change colour depending on a value in the
presenter actionscript file (named SliderView_Presenter). Here's the top of
my SliderView mxml file:

<s:Group
        xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
        xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
        xmlns:presenters="presenters.*"
        creationComplete="presenter.onCreationComplete(event)">

    <fx:Declarations>

        <presenters:SliderView_Presenter id="presenter" />
    </fx:Declarations>

I have created a Skin for the HSlider (named SliderSkin) and set the
skinClass property accordingly.

As I see it I could approach this in a few ways:

1. My SliderView_Presenter class is passed a parameter from the host html
page which determines the button colour. I could declare a variable of Type
sparkSkin and using a switch function set this to one of several predefined
skins depending on the parameter passed in. This variable could be bound to
the skinClass property of the HSlider. This keeps everything within
SliderView which is bound to SliderView_Presenter.

2. My skin definition could change the colour of the Thumb graphic if it
could be bound, or be passed, the parameter when set in
SliderView_Presenter.

Could I use a CSS Style and get/set the value? Skins are new to me and I'm
floundering a little!

Chris