flex-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Weir <mattcomm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mac FileReference Bug
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 10:18:40 GMT
The bug is definitely browser specific.  Mac chrome works, PC chrome, FF, IE, and Safari work
just fine.

The bug was filled by someone else years ago and from what I can gather online is at least
through flex 3.9

The code logic is very simple.  Forgive me if it comes out Not perfect, on a phone and going
by memory.

Private function onUploadClick():void
{
   Fileref.addEventListener(Event.SELECT, onSelect);
   Fileref.browse();
  // file browser opens in ALL browsers
   // I believe file browser is AIR related based on documentation, but I'm not sure
    // bug exists even when FP is updated to 12.x
}

Private function onSelect(ev:Event):void
{
    // code is reached by all browsers
    // but Mac FF and Mac Safari
}